Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 11, 2012

I went out and had some "piksa" [that's how they say pizza in CR] for lunch.  And I know you won't be happy, but I wasn't actually able to get the shot....the medical sister in the mission says it doesn't make a difference so I'm gonna try to get it today, hopefully.  Also I can't look at your e-cards so sorry...the Peruvian dinner was good, he picked out lomo saltado for me.  I like lomo saltado, but I swear 70% of the plate was onions and I had to eat them so as not to be rude....it sucked.  Nobody here plays soccer and it's lame.  A kind of funny story was that one day we were getting out of the car to go to an appointment and a guy who looked like he was in a gang pulled up next to us and was like"are you guys mormons?" I rolled my eyes and told him that we were, and then he said "cool, my dad's a latter day saint.  He lives in utah.  vernal." And then he drove off.  I'm still a little confused, but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.  One of the counselors in the branch presidency works for either the CIA or Naval intelligence (the Navy's Pacific command is close by).  He is always in some crazy place for work without any kind of notice.  In the last month, he has been to China and Korea.  He called us from Kuwait at about 12:30 our time (or 3ish AM their time) to ask us if we could take out his recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment